Creamy Cauliflower Soup
You will need: A blender (I use a vitamix), 1 cauliflower head cut into florets, 1 large white onion diced, sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 5 cups water, salt & pepper.
1) In a large cooking pot heat up olive oil and when hot add onion- cook until translucent (10-15 min)
2) Add in cauliflower florets, 3/4 cup of water & salt- stir altogether
3) Cover pot and increase let simmer on medium heat for 20-25 min until cauliflower is tender
4) Remove lid & add 4 1/4 cups water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 min
5) Pour mixture into blender or Vitamix (you may need to do in a few parts) and purée soup until smooth
6) Plate in a bowl and drop a handful of sunflower seeds on top for garnish & crunch