Simple Boiled Artichoke
(You will need: 1 organic artichoke, 3 bay leaves, 1 slice of lemon and 1 garlic clove)
1) Boil 3 cups of water in medium pot
2) Clean and slice artichoke by cutting 1 inch of the top and using scissors to cut off the tips of each of the leaves. Then clean it thoroughly with water.
3) When water is boiling add in the lemon, bay leaves and garlic.
4) place the artichoke face down in the pot and switch the heat to simmer. Let artichoke cook face down in the pot for 1 hour.
5) Take out artichoke, put in bowl face up and enjoy with preferred dipping sauce or plain.